Friday, January 12, 2007

Typical Twenty Something Guy

This entry is a comment I left in a fellow blogger’s blog. You know you get to say brutally honest things when you think from the top of your head, just following your stream of thought.



Why are guy-to-guy relationships so disposable to some people? Why are there guys who seem to think that they are missing a lot on life if they get tied to a serious relationship? Why am I so serious about relationships anyway? Is there something wrong with me or is there something wrong with them? What is the “typical twenty something guy” anyway: the dog who sleeps around, partying like an animal or the guy with trappings of naivety and youthful excitement about love? I guess it boils down to the fact that there are guys who are relationship material and there are fleeting fancies. So I think it’s a matter of choosing the one that’s right for you. D (I will not give him the benefit of being called my ex. The “relationship” was null and void from the start.) was right about one thing. He is not and will not be the one for me. I am for long-term serious relationships. I’m the kind that will hazard to dream about spending tomorrow until God-knows-when with someone. I am lunatic, crazy, obsessed about love. I have big dreams and big dreams have to be shared with someone special, not with a stray dog. I deserve better.

It’s so hard learning about the dynamics of relationships hands-on. If you don’t want to get hurt, don’t try learning at all. But the fun of it starts there. I’m sorry if I got carried away. Passion is a very hard habit to break.

No comments: