Tuesday, February 06, 2007

juOnBox Music 19: Dreamgirls Soundtrack Jennifer Hudson Solos



There are 15 more days to go before the Philippine premiere of Dreamgirls. My excitement is mounting. Here are two songs which are Jennifer Hudson solos from the soundtrack. Love You I Do is nominated in the Oscars for Best Original Song, competing among others with Listen by Beyonce from the same movie.

Love You I Do
by Jennifer Hudson

Never met a man
Quite like you
Doing all you can
Making my dreams come true

You’re strong and you’re smart
You’ve taking my heart
And I’ll give you the rest of me too

You’re the perfect man for me
I love you I do

Mm I love ya

I’ve never felt
Quite like this
Good about myself
From my very first kiss
I’m here when you call
You’ve got it all
And confidence like I never knew

You’re the perfect man for me
I love you I do

You’ve got a charm
You simply disarm me every time
As long as u drive
I’m along for the ride
Your the way
I said it before
There won't be a door
That’s closed to us
Putting all my trust in you
Cause you, you’ll always be true, Oh

I never could have known
This would be,
Oh you and you alone, yeah
Now for me
I know you’re the best
You’ve past every test
It's almost too good to be true

You’re the perfect man for me
I love you I do

You’re the perfect man for me
I love you I do



I Am Changing
By Jennifer Hudson

Look at me
Look at me

I am changing, tryin' every way I can
I am changing, I'll be better than I am
I'm trying-to find a way to understand
But I need you, I need you-I need a hand

I am changing, seeing everything so clear
I am changing, I'm gonna start right now, right here
I'm hoping to work it out, and I know that I can
But I need you, I need a hand


All my life I've been a fool
Who said I could do it all alone
How many good friends have I already lost
How many dark nights have I known


Walking down that wrong road, there was nothing I could find
All those years of darkness-can make a person blind
But now I can see


I am changing, tryin every way I can
I am changing, I'll be better than I am
But I need a friend-to help me start all over again,
oh-that would be just fine
I know it's gonna work out this time
'Cause this time I am-This time I am

I am changing, gonna get my life together now
I am changing, yes, I know how
I'm gonna start again, I'm leaving my past behind
I'll change my life-I'll make a vow
And nothing's gonna stop me now...hey

No comments: