Thursday, August 11, 2005

My Make-over Formula

My dear friend Mica and I were talking over YM right after lunch. She said she was feeling depressed lately. She has come to realize that it was because of how she looked. She asked me if I could help her do a make-over on her. She mentioned she was inspired by my ugly duckling story, how I overcame my physical inferiority and my success in maintaining the body that I have now. More than a physical make-over, I told her that what she more urgently needs is a change in outlook. She isn’t ugly. In fact, I think she’s one of the more alluring women that I know. She might be a little on the heavy side but that’s because she gave birth and everyone knows it’s natural. Amazing make-overs start from loving yourself. This can be the impetus for you to do even the most impossible things to make your body and your soul happy. If you love yourself, you will start taking care of your body by eating right and exercising. If you love yourself, you will stay away from habits that make your body and soul deteriorate. If you love yourself, you will strive to live a healthy lifestyle. Vanity is never a good reason to look and feel beautiful. It should be love. Love yourself dear. It will work wonders. Take it from an ugly duckling.

No comments: