Thursday, August 04, 2005

Ayoko ng Tira-Tira

You’re the perfect lover. He’s saving you for last. Namputsa! Ano sya tsokolate? Itatabi mo ang pinakamasarap tsaka mo kakainin pag natikman mo na lahat? Crap!

This is not my story. A friend tells me how his girl friend left her boyfriend of 6 years because of this crap. Considering the length of time they have spent together and all the emotional investment, hell even the material investment they have made on the relationship, the girl had every right to expect, perhaps even demand, for marriage, if not now, at least soon in the future. After all, 6 years should be long enough for a couple to figure out where they are heading. She confronted him and he gives her that she’s-perfect-but-I-have-a-whole-life-ahead-of-me-so-I’ll-get-back-to-you-when-I’m-ready crap. Naturally, she left him. She had no future with the guy. It hurt her to leave but it was the best and most practicable decision. She was being set aside for later. A later which is uncertain. Nobody deserves that. And certainly, nobody with self-respect would want leftovers or carrions. Sino nga ba naman ang may gusto ng tira-tira?

No comments: