Saturday, July 16, 2005

Fuck Buddy

I chanced upon a friend of mine and his boy at People Are People in Glorietta. Actually, I saw them but I'm not sure if my friend saw me. No I didn't walk up to say hi. It just felt weird and I thought it would save me and my friend from some complication.

This friend of mine used to be my fuck buddy. Our relationship was one of the things that saved me from going bonkers when I found out my boyfriend cheated on me. It kept me from being totally shattered. It was a gift. It was a stroke of luck that we turned out to actually like each other as friends. I felt at ease with him and he felt the same way. I even thought he'd make a fine boyfriend. “It's not a good idea to turn fuck buddies into boyfriends.” That's what he told me when I vouched the idea stealthily. I thought he made sense. But I still like him.

A few weeks ago he told me he was seeing somebody. I felt happy for him seriously. I wished the guy would turn out to be good enough for him because he's such a nice guy and he deserves no less. And then I saw them together. I'm writing this while on the MRT taking a round trip. I'll get off when I figure out how I feel.

No comments: