Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Small World



I was at Robinsons Pioneer yesterday late afternoon soaking up on the free wifi until my eyes got teary-eyed surfing the net. Gahaman ako eh. Wahahaha. Anyway, when I decided to pack up, I saw a guy I faintly recognize to be somebody I used to go out with around 3 or 4 years ago. There wasn’t instant recognition because the last time I saw him he looked haggard and he had a bad break out of acne. But he was cute. And he was huge. I mean, he was a lot taller than me and pretty bulky because he worked out a lot. I liked him then because he was unassuming and soft-spoken, a stark contrast from what you’d expect from a brute-looking guy that he was. He was such a macho. And he was very nice. The only thing that bothered me about him was that he was too horny which made it hard for me to trust him to be loyal. So there.

I thought of saying hi so I went after him. But before I got close enough, I saw another friend of mine from the gym. My friend and this old flame, they met up. I didn’t know what to think. You’d say this is such a small world right? Well yeah. But I didn’t realize it was THIS small. I remember another friend of mine pointing out to me a few years ago how small the gay community is in Manila, that we gay guys are actually just exchanging partners once in a while without most of us knowing it. Now I know that for sure. I don’t know about you, but I find that scary. So to end my anecdote, I could’ve decided to approach them and say hi and watch how my old beau would react. That would’ve been a scene straight out of a soap opera. But I turned my back and walked away. I wish them well.

1 comment:

RRP said...

i'm sure it's not only in manila.

i have had the same experiences here in melbourne and i'm pretty confident to say that we probably have a bigger out gay community.

it's all very incestious in the end, isn't it? but how fun!