Friday, December 10, 2004

Christmas Project

There are two things that are keeping me really busy and very excited about this Christmas season. One is the Christmas party our department is throwing for the kids of Bahay Bulilit, a day-care center in Makati along C5. The kids there come from the less-fortunate families in the area. This is going to be the first time our group is doing something of this kind. We thought of making this year's Christmas party different, and probably more meaningful than the usual kris-kringle we do among ourselves. It's also going to be some sort of thanksgiving for the past year's bountiful blessings. The party's scheduled on the 17th in the afternoon. We prepared a full program for the kids. This project has a spot in my heart. I dunno. I like kids. And I miss the kids that I left in Bulacan. The Bahay Bulilit gig would sort of remind me how it feels to have kids around me again.

This other big event I'm looking forward to is the company Christmas party on the 21st. There's talk that this year's get-together party---yeah that's how management wants to call it and not Christmas party---is going to be a relatively modest one compared to last year but personally it doesn't matter. Whether it's gonna be a big one or not, the more exciting part for me is the chance for me to strut all my stuff. You see, I'm the showbiz type. I pine for the limelight. Publicity, big or small, is still publicity. I'm gonna be playing big roles in the party. I'd be hosting together with my friend Jhena. I'm also part of the team preparing for our department's presentation. You see, the Editorial Department has been the force to reckon with when it comes to presentations. We have a proven track record of wins. In fact, our department won the first prize in last year's get-together presentation. But, well, since this year's gig is going to be modest, management decided not to make the presentation competitive, at least not in monetary value. I think what's at stake this year is reputation. And my department is out to prove our supremacy when it comes to artistic endeavours like this.

We're in the midst of preparations now. I'd tell you more about it in the coming days. :-)

No comments: