Saturday, June 10, 2006

Going the Way of the Japayuki


What will it take to make my room Japanese style? I’m tired of the clutter of my room. It’s embarrassing to admit that the disarray of my room may reflect how disorganized my life is. I’m toying with the idea of redecorating it. I want to take off the excesses and stick with the essential. That would mean throwing a lot of crazy stuff I’ve accumulated through the years. My biggest challenge would be relocating this huge old trunk which takes a lot of space in my room. I plan to replace it with a less chunky wardrobe, if I decide that the wardrobe should be part of my bedroom all together. There’s this old piece of furniture as well that I use as some sort of a dresser which I plan to put to retirement. But where do I put all my stuff then? I’m thinking of using plastic storage boxes but I don’t know because I’m afraid I might end up with stacks of these boxes if I don’t sort my stuff first. And the bed, I will have to amputate its legs to achieve the acceptable height. But before I launch this grand plan, I will first have to make cleaning my room a habit. Good luck to me.

No comments: